We want to reward our loyal locals with a special 50% discount on some of your favourite experiences from 12 October - 29 November 2020. Read on for great locals deals in Stewart Island.
Who can book locals' specials?
This offer is available only to Southland and Otago residents, and accompanying friends and family. Friends and family must travel at the same time as the local. It only applies to new bookings and it only applies to adult fares. Regardless of how you book you will need to have proof of address with you at check-in. This could be a current power or household bill that includes your name and address.
If you don't live in Southland or Otago, unfortunately, you won’t be able to use our locals’ specials.
How to book this offer
- Choose your trip from the list below
- Click to book, selecting your date and passenger numbers
- Enter the promo code at checkout - LOCAL2020
The discount will be shown in your booking summary before the final payment. Once you have paid, you will receive a confirmation email which you should read carefully as it includes important information about check-in times, locations and what to bring. You can only use one promotional code per booking.
Don't feel like booking online, our friendly team are happy to help. Make sure you mention 'locals specials' when you call, email, or visit us in-store, to ensure you get the deal.
Please note: For us to be able to go ahead with our 2020 Locals’ Specials we have had to include an extra condition. This year's specials are only applicable if the Otago and Southland regions are operating in Alert Level One Covid-19 Restrictions (or lower). Due to capacity restrictions, if we move into Alert Level Two or above, guests will be offered the option to upgrade, a full refund, or a Real Journeys credit to use on any experience.
Save 50% off the following activities
The promotion applies to the following activities, for travel between 12 October - 29 November 2020.
Locals' Specials Terms & Conditions:
- 2020 Locals’ Specials are only applicable if the Otago and Southland regions are operating in Alert Level One Covid-19 Restrictions (or lower). If we move into Alert Level Two or above, guests will be offered the option to upgrade, a full refund, or a Real Journeys credit to use on any experience.
- Offer applies to Southland and Otago residents ONLY and accompanying friends. At check-in, proof of address is required (i.e. current power, phone, rates bill or payslip) to secure the Locals' Special rates. As part of the booking process, you will need to accept the web terms and conditions which state that if you are unable to provide proof of address for Southland or Otago, the full retail rate for the trip will apply.
- Visiting friends and family of a local resident are also entitled to receive these special offers however they MUST be travelling with the local providing identification.
- Bookings must be made direct with Real Journeys or Stewart Island Experience and the campaign is valid for travel 12 Ocotber - 19 November 2020.
- Discounts only apply to adult fares only. Child rates are at normal retail price.
- For larger groups of 10 or more, or charters please contact our Events team.
- Locals’ Specials cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer or discount. The promo code shown above will override any other deals that might be automatically available or initially show in the cart. Please carefully type the promo code - it must be exact.
- The promotion applies to new bookings only. If cancelling or amending a retail booking a refund will only be granted when Real Journeys receives notification 24 hours prior to departure for day activities and 5 days prior for Overnight Cruises and Stewart Island Lodge accommodation.
- "Kiwi guarantee" is part of the Wild Kiwi Encounter tour. If customers don't see a kiwi we will refund 20% of the ticket price, based on the Locals' Specials rate. Please note that due to the late departure times, you will need arrange accommodation on Stewart Island for the evening.
- Real Journeys reserve the right to amend timetables, cancel departures, amend specials or offers, substitute plant or equipment and alter ticket prices at any time.