Explore Stewart Island, New Zealand’s third and southernmost island, a place of rare beauty and solitude – with our 6 day Discovery Expedition.
Stewart Island's densely forested hills, remote coastline of rocky outcrops and beautiful golden beaches make it a natural refuge for marine and bird life and a wonderful destination for people who value nature and wild places.
Your Discovery Expedition begins with a leisurely cruise across Foveaux Strait from Bluff to Stewart Island’s eastern shoreline. You will visit Oban, the small township surrounded by Rakiura National Park, which comprises most of Stewart Island.
Upon boarding the Milford Wanderer, you’ll spend 6 days cruising some of the most magical waters in New Zealand, venturing ashore regularly for guided walks, visits to historic sites, wildlife encounters and exploring the coastline upclose with some kayaking or by stabicraft. If you prefer, the opportunity to relax on deck amidst the beauty that is the island. Your trip includes a visit to the renowned wildlife sanctuary of Ulva Island.
- 6 day expedition cruise (5 nights)
- On-board specialist nature guides who provide informative commentary and evening talks
- Guided walks through rainforest and along beautiful deserted shorelines
- Great facilities, friendly crew and outstanding food on board the purpose built Milford Wanderer
- Visit historic sites & abandoned settlements
- Kayak or stabicraft (small boat) exploration of the coastline
- Coach connections from Invercargill
For more detailed information, please visit our Discovery Expeditions website.