Experience Foveaux Strait in comfort and style on board our express catamarans. During the one-hour crossing between Bluff and Stewart Island keep a lookout for wildlife, especially seabirds. Watching mollymawks (albatross) soaring behind the ferry is a fantastic sight.
Comprehensive commentaries provide information on the interesting landmarks commonly seen, including Dog Island Lighthouse, Ruapuke Island, the Titi Islands and Mt Anglem - Stewart Island’s highest point.
- Complimentary tea and coffee on board
- Interpretation handouts are available (English only)
- Timetable (see the "Timetable" tab)
- Wheelchair access available
- Personal baggage is carried free on the ferries - max. 2 bags per person (1 stowed and 1 small carry-on). Additional baggage is by prior arrangement
- Invercargill, Te Anau and Queenstown coach connections (see the More Info tab for details)
- Vehicle parking available at Bluff (extra cost)