Discover Stewart Island from the water. Enjoy a leisurely cruise of beautiful Paterson Inlet viewing hidden coves and unspoilt beaches.
Along the way learn about the early Maori history and European settlement including whaling. Our skipper and nature guide provide detailed commentary throughout the cruise and are happy to answer any questions. While on board, keep a lookout for fur seals, penguins and other wildlife, as sightings are common.
Then disembark at Ulva Island, a renowned wildlife sanctuary for a 45-minute guided walk with a specialist nature guide. View rare plants and rich birdlife, including the inquisitive weka, which are often seen on the beach.
For the remainder of the cruise around Paterson Inlet, relax on board our modern catamaran and enjoy the coastal scenery before heading back to base.
- Delicious picnic lunches are available (if pre-ordered; extra cost)
- Duration: 2 hours 30 mins
- Departs from Stewart Island Visitor Terminal, Main Wharf
- Suitable for most ages and fitness levels
- Small group size
- (Previously called Paterson Inlet Cruises).